BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Volume II - Prologue.

Prologue.

  Let’s just say, what if the person you love was really different from you? Yet you still love each other. What will happen to you?
  I am a vampire, and he is a demon. We were both dangerous creatures that hated each other but somehow, we came to love each other. He was a creature straight from hell and I was somewhat like that too.
  But, we were still different.
  He eats people’s yearns and wishes they never achieve. He leaves his victims with no hope. And I, I bite people on their neck. I never experienced it before myself until Zell bit me. I didn’t want to do that to other humans anymore. There was some kind of urge and pain in myself while I try to bite another person.
  I was a vampire. But I couldn’t suck blood anymore. It isn’t Zell’s fault, it was my own.
  I never realized that my human memories were flowing back into me… It was unintentional. I didn’t want that to happen.
  Ivan was back with me. And for his apology, he brought me back into my past.
  Now, what if the person you loved was the one that caused you to be hurt, upset and desperate? What if he was the one who ruined your life?
  I wanted him to die for spoiling my happiness, but in the process I realized, it wasn’t his fault. It was mine. He was on the verge of killing himself, and…

  ‘Heather, I was still at fault. I quickened the process of you regaining your memories. Just blame me like you did, okay?’ his eyes were a sorrowful indigo, asking me to still blame him.
  But he was in so much pain when I did. He wasn’t guilty at all. Why did he want to take the blame…?
  I held his hand really tightly. So tight that there was my finger marks all over it. His palm was really cold to the verge of freezing. But somehow I still felt that it was really warm. Really, really warm.
  I love you, I had the urge to say. But I didn’t want to. I didn’t dare to.
  Ivan looked over at me and pulled over to the alleyway of a money exchange shop and a coffee shop. The thick scent of freshly roasted coffee plus his demonic scent could set me off drunk anytime.
  I took a little breath of the coffee’s scent and him when he suddenly leaned down and put his cold fingers on my lips. His forehead was leaning on mine. I looked up at his shadowy face and there it was, the light and warm smile I always look forward to.
  ‘Ivan… You know that…’ I started to say but he whispered lightly to me to not make any noise. There was a low chuckle following.
  ‘Yes?’
  I giggled a little too. ‘Isn’t your love the sweetest?’
  ‘Is that supposed to be an insult or a confession?’ he said while leaning down nearer to my face.
  His face was coming closer and closer. I just lightly answered, ‘Well… Both.’
  He suddenly stopped leaning down. His eye color turned slightly red.
  ‘…Ivan…?’
  ‘So it’s also an insult, eh?’ there was a pitiful tone strangled in his voice. It was trying to hide itself but was unsuccessful. He started to straighten his face and walk away.
  ‘Ivan, it was just a joke!’ I tore after him.
  He was walking faster and faster, he was leaving me again. I couldn’t stand it anymore.
  ‘Ivan! Ivan!’ I screamed at his shadowy back.
  I was out chasing him down the street. There was still a coffee scent on his clothing. When I almost grabbed his red checked scarf he suddenly turned round and faced me.
  ‘Iva –’
  He swiftly leaned down and his fingers were quickly and smooth it could almost make a melody. His cold fingers lightly pulled my face closer to his and he closed his eyes. In natural response, I closed mine slowly too.
  His lips were touching mine, like a feather.
  It was really warm, and it felt warm too. He suddenly pressed forward and I struggled to fight back. His tongue was starting to fight when he stopped halfway suddenly.
  ‘This is enough for now, isn’t it?’ he chuckled softly.
  ‘…You… You tricked me?’
  ‘But you were so cute.’ He laughed loudly. A few passer-bys were looking at us in astonishment.
  ‘Damn.’ I mumbled to myself. ‘I was really worried that you’d leave me again, you know.’ I said in an angry voice.
  ‘Well, that’s not true, because I won’t leave you. Promise.’ He smiled again. This time it was a full smile, making me feel unbelievably happy.
  I turned to the other side and started to walk.
  ‘Heather? Don’t be angry.’ His voice neared me.
  I walked faster still. The ground under my shoe croaked slightly as I angrily stepped on it.
  A hand suddenly jerked me to the back and I was in his arms, once again.
  ‘Go away.’ I mumbled in a hard tone.
  ‘Heather, I love you.’ He whispered while nibbling a little on my ear.
  My face immediately blushed furiously and I looked at him.
  ‘Heather, I can’t live without you. So don’t go that far away from me, okay?’
  I can’t get angry at him anymore. Why do I feel so calm when I hear that voice that belonged to a demon? He was so much more different than me, yet I fell in love with him.
  I had fallen in love with this demon, a long time ago.
  ‘Heather, look here.’ His voice echoed in my ears again.
  I slowly looked over at his face and his eyes were the color of light green, a color of light and happy pureness. He leaned forward again and his wide shoulders protected me from the outside world looking at what we were doing next.
  I tiptoed up a little to reach his lips and lightly pressed mine against his.
  This was a feeling of pure pleasure, and I loved it.
  Suddenly he let go of my lips and my heels were back down on the pavement.
  ‘Now what?’ I grumbled.
  ‘Heather… will you marry me?’ he looked away while saying this. I could see a little red in his ears, meaning that he was slightly embarrassed by this proposal.
  ‘Of course I will. Every single time.’ I smiled.
  He looked at me in pure astonishment and shock. This was the person I loved. So much.
  His lips formed a curve upwards again and I smiled widely too. My cheeks were definitely turning bright pink, because I was happy.
  And he was too.
  That was all I needed to know.
  His eyes now showed a bright orange yellow, a shade of happiness.
  We both laughed awkwardly in embarrassment.
  If only this moment would last forever, because this was just the starting of our special love story.
  A vampire loving a demon. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please support the comic and the story!!! =)

0 comments: